Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some Troubleshooting Tips for Satellite TV

1. I programmed in a bouquet, but don't get any sound on some/all of the channels?
Ensure you have the correct audio PID. If these are not available, there is a possibility that the channel(s) are being broadcast with AC-3 audio. As mentioned in "2.15 Can I get AC-3 sound on my current receiver? there is little chance that it will be possible to decode the sound on these channels.

2. I get sound, but no video. How do I fix this?
Ensure you have the correct video PID.

3. I tuned to my favorite digital bouquet today and found my favorite channel missing. It worked fine yesterday. What can I do?
Either there is a temporary problem at the uplinker or the channel has encrypted. Channels come and go and situations like this arise on a somewhat regular basis. Before losing all hope, it might be a good idea to check the Delphi MPEG2/DVB Forum to see if anybody else has reported the same channel missing. If they do not, start troubleshooting your local setup.

4. I'm having trouble finding the satellite, what can I do to make my life easier?
Ultimately, a spectrum analyzer is among the most useful tools for finding a satellite and peaking reception of it's signal. There are also much cheaper signal meters. If you do not feel comfortable doing this, consult your local satellite dealer.

5. What Do I do when the receiver shows "BOOT" on the screen on the front of the receiver?
When the receiver is trying to save the data, if it suddenly got shut off, it will show "BOOT" on the screen on the front panel.
When you are trying to save data into the receiver, the TV screen might have "Please wait or Data Save". You must wait till the words are gone before you could do anything else. Otherwise the receiver would show "BOOT" on the front panel. Also, when you are trying to install software into the receiver, you must not do anything else before the PC is done installing the software into the receiver, otherwise the receiver would not work.
The new software would save every time when you exit the menu, which avoids the receiver to have more problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment